Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: West Africa, Middle East, and North Africa Regional Vice President – International Development Division
Job Identification: 102185
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Executive Management
- The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries.
- We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation.
- Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management.
- In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
- As the West Africa, Middle East, and North Africa (WAMENA) Regional Vice President (RVP) you will drive growth by cultivating client relationships, establishing new business opportunities, selling all Abt’s offerings, and providing strategic leadership across the WAMENA project management teams and experts.
- You will advance Abt’s reputational capital by actively engaging in thought leadership through industry associations, and client events.
- This position is a key contributing role to growing Abt’s mission impact and financial health.
- In this multi-faceted role, you will serve as a member of the International Development Division’s (IDD’s) leadership team, reporting to the Senior Vice President of IDD.
- Your responsibilities and accountabilities are focused on client engagement, portfolio strategy, sales and revenue growth, project performance, and project and loss management.
- To be successful, you will have a track-record of being a strategic partner and trusted advisor to key clients in the region, including USAID and FCDO.
- To provide strategic vision, expand client relationships, drive increases in revenue and sales, and inform and influence our technical capability services, you will continually translate client and stakeholder priorities and needs into impactful solutions.
- This position can be based in the U.S., U.K., or within the WAMNEA region.
- Leads the WAMENA portfolio consisting of multiple clients, projects, and programs to meet and exceed client satisfaction, portfolio financial performance objectives, and project performance and quality standards
- Drives growth in WAMENA region by collaborating with Division, Department and Capability teams to build, maintain, and grow a healthy pipeline of opportunities within the region. In doing so, delivers a strong book-to-bill ratio, strong re-compete and new business win percentages, and YoY new business growth.
- Serves as a member of the International Development Division’s Leadership Team, actively contributing to the strategic direction of the Division, including business operations decisions, development and implementation of policies and guidelines, strategic resource/talent management, implementation of project management best practices, and division communications.
- Models and reinforces Abt values of equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility and belonging throughout the WAMENA portfolio.
- Fosters an environment to elevate and support Abt’s, vision, mission, values and culture and strategic priorities
- Sets the strategic and operating plan for the WAMENA region. Sets team priorities and objectives, translated from organizational priorities.
- Oversees regional fiscal year budgets, including revenue and costs and profit and loss. Develops accurate quarterly financial forecasts for the region and develops and executes plans to correct any variances from the region’s yearly financial plan.
- Develops and implements a growth strategy for the region. Leads a team of business development professionals to develop and execute client account plan. Works with Abt capability teams and departments to build sales and marketing plans and pitches, white papers, and targeted campaigns related to salient client needs and topics.
- Ensures successful implementation and client satisfaction on existing programs in assigned region. Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients and partners. Engages and leverages the capability teams to bring state of the art solutions to existing and new clients.
- Builds and manages effective teams focused on high quality delivery, financial performance, and client relationship development. Meets regularly with direct reports to align on priorities, actions, owners, and deadlines; holds direct reports accountable to delivering results on organizational priorities.
- Contributes to, influences, supports, and aligns with company and division strategic plans, initiatives, changes, and decisions.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with other corporate leaders in business units and support departments.
- Consistently models, reinforces, and holds self and others to living Abt Values, thereby cultivating a positive work environment.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree + 15 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + 12 years of relevant experience, or Ph.D + 10 years of relevant experience.
- Skilled collaborator with a history of maintaining successful relationships internally and externally. Prior experience working in highly collaborative, dynamic, matrixed environments.
- Demonstrated success managing large, complex USAID/FCDO and other donor-funded international development projects or experience leading a multi-country portfolio of donor-funded programs of at least $30 million annual revenue.
- Demonstrated experience developing and successfully implementing a business development strategy. Successful track record leading winning proposals, particularly with USAID/FCDO funded bi-lateral and multi-country programs.
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong client relationships, including problem-solving complex project issues with client relationship in mind.
- Demonstrated experience leading and building effective teams, identifying talent, managing workloads and assignments, and developing technical, project management, and operational skill sets in staff, and comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Experience leading financial management activities, including target-setting, forecasting, and managing project revenue budgets and operating budgets in line with strategic objectives.
- Experience working with both contracts and cooperative agreements/accountable grants desired.
- Experience working in the WAMENA region required.
- Lived experience and/or long-term overseas work experience on a donor-funded program preferred.
- Fluency in English required; ability to conduct business in French or Arabic is strongly preferred.
What We Offer
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
- This position has flexibility to be based in the U.S., U.K., or within the WAMNEA region. This position will not be eligible for relocation benefits or visa sponsorship.
- This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of approximately $213,000 – $260,000 for U.S. based staff and may vary by ten percent depending on candidate’s geographic location within the U.S. Candidates hired outside the United States will be provided an offer on based on local/regional salary ranges.
- Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2022 (10:00 pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
- Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
- At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes.
- We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve.
- Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Updated on the. Please do not give your dog anything to make them vomit.
If your dog has eaten something untoward, contact your vet immediately.