Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist
- The primary roles of the Technical Specialist (TS) would cover strategic technical support and monitoring, capacity development, evidence and knowledge development and dissemination, and technical representation.
- S/he would work with the Programme Director (PD) and team in providing technical guidance in the direct implementation of SMC activities, covering macro and microplanning, training, logistic system, social behavioral change communication, SPAQ distribution, quality assurance (QA) and supportive supervision at the state, LGA, health facility and community levels as per the agreed performance framework targets.
- The TS would lead in ensuring Malaria Consortium’s strategic objectives and targets and contributions to Nigeria malaria targets are realized.
- S/h would also lead in the review of Malaria Consortium SMC and other chemoprevention strategies implemented in the country and continuously provide technical appraisal and how these can achieve increasing effectiveness/cost effectiveness.
Scope of Work
- Using an integrated, coordinated, system strengthening and resilience enhancing approach, the TS provides strategic technical and programmatic support to ensure that SMC is implemented in PF supported/funded states according to the national guideline and global best practices with the view to positioning the programme for relevance in SMC implementation of the future.
- The Technical Specialist (TS) working closely with the Programme Director and Senior Country Technical Coordinator (SCTC), will provide the required technical support to the technical team at the country office level with specific attention to M&E, impact evaluation, digitization, follow-up on ToRs, concept notes, engagement of technical assistance (TA), TA and programme reports, tracking/follow up on technical quality of state level and operational research (OR) activities through interphase with the programme technical team, Zonal and State Programme Managers.
- Furthermore, the TS would follow up on additional/emerging issues in the programme; e.g. technical activities at the national level especially the integration of SMC with other community-based public health interventions and oversee SPAQ distribution processes and procedures to ensure quality assurance (QA) at the programme level.
- S/he would also be involved in representation of the project during routine evaluations, assessments and meeting with stakeholders.
Technical contributions (70%):
- Support the M&E Manager in the setup, implementation and review of monitoring systems and monitoring tools for SMC implementation;
- Support the M&E Manager in using the monitoring & evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system to support health system strengthening (HSS) in SMC supported states and at the NMEP;
- Work with the technical team to identify areas/systems (data platforms, apps, databases) and select technologies to capture and organize data (digitization) for HSS;
- Work with the SCTC and OR Specialist to identify research areas, develop research plans and design for research projects. Seek approval and support the implementation of approved research topics;
- Coordinate the implementation, data management, reporting and dissemination of key project research outcomes relating to OR, ensuring standards and quality in project activities;
- Support states to ensure that rollout of project service delivery activities meet national, Malaria Consortium and international standard of quality;
- Follow-up on the implementation of approved Terms of References (ToRs) for all activities (to be carried out at the national, state, LGA, health facility and community level) meet MC quality;
- Check activities of engaged TA as per approved ToRs to ensure quality implementation;
- Work in liaison with country office team to closely monitor delivery of ToRs; obtain reports in a timely manner and ensure the proper sign-off of all submitted reports;
- Support the PD in the provision of technical support, including building their capabilities, to the state teams in the planning and implementation of all project activities, including microplanning, commodity management, community mobilization, training, monitoring and supervision;
- Follow up on additional/emerging issues in the project; e.g. integration with other community level public health interventions;
- Work closely with the Senior CTC to ensure quality standards are developed and implemented at all levels for the distribution of SMC drugs;
- Work closely with the Senior CTC to ensure the project’s adherence to technical quality assurance processes for Malaria Consortium in programme planning and implementation;
- Document innovation and best practices that are related to the project.
Project Management (20%):
- Support collation, review and submission of technical activity reports to PD (and the SCTC);
- Support the PD to follow up Country Office review feedbacks on reports and other project documents;
- Contribute to preparation of the quarterly and annual progress updates to the donor as may be requested;
- Contribute to quarterly lessons identification and learning documentation and dissemination;
- Contribute to project transition strategy and ensure inclusion of relevant activities to promote sustainability within the workplan and smooth transition of the programme to government;
- Be part of the Malaria Consortium learning & development (L&D) and quality assurance groups.
- Represent MC on malaria Case Management Subcommittee, SMC Expert Group and other relevant health coordinating committees at national level as may be delegated;
- Be part of the relevant Malaria Consortium/global technical community of practices (CoPs);
- Represent the PF/SMC programme/MC externally as might be assigned by the PD, SCTC and/or West & Central Africa Programme Director (WACPD).
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Policy, Epidemiology or another relevant specialty with at least 10 years work experience, is a minimum requirement;
- Previous experience working at the national level with oversight for at least five (5) states;
- Experience in health systems strengthening and malaria chemoprevention;
- Experience in Public Health programme delivery at large scale at the community level (both campaign – like and routines, including those integrated and stand–alone);
- Demonstrable experience working with national programmes and engaging with stakeholders at that level;
- Significant experience of working in developing countries and experience with Malaria Consortium or any GFTAM, FCDO (former DFID/UKaid) or USAID funded programmes would be an added advantage.
Work-based Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of global and country specific malaria policies and guidelines;
- Technical knowledge and skills in control of malaria and other childhood illnesses;
- Demonstrable report writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent project management and M&E skills; and familiarity with accountability, learning & development; and
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
5th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
Hapishanede olduğunu bilmeyen mahkum! Kemal Gömi 21 senedir hapishanede 2000 yılında Gömi’ye doktorlar
tarafından Rezidüel şizofreni teşhisi konmuş. Kimi zaman ne.
Diabetes medication without insurance How to buy diabetes medication online without a prescription and without any hassle?
Cheapest place to get Farxiga Affordable Glimepiride
without a prescription for diabetes online