Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Documentation Manager, Support Engineering
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- Documentation is essential to our Support Engineering operation, both for customers and for our team.
- We are looking for a driven and effective leader and team manager for technical documentation.
- The Technical Documentation Manager will own, coordinate, and drive the documentation efforts of the team.
- This is an opportunity to shape Canonical’s internal and external-facing documentation, and the knowledge sharing architecture and lifecycle.
- From analysis and planning, through publishing and maintenance, the Technical Documentation Manager will lead global initiatives to produce best-in-class documentation for our end users and internal teams.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership over all Support documentation and related processes
- Define growth and improvement KPIs, regularly report status, drive achievement
- Collaborate with other documentation leaders across the organisation
- Develop structure and workflows for technical authors and engineers
- Track and manage projects from concept through delivery and maintenance
- Ensure documentation is updated in conjunction with product changes and releases
- Develop familiarity with Canonical products, and author documentation yourself
- Create and deliver training for engineers and technical authors
- Coordinate document publication with Support Leadership
- Identify opportunities for improved processes, or gaps in current documentation
- Work with the objectives and principles in Canonical’s documentation strategy
Who you are:
- Graduate level education is desired, undergraduate degree is required
- You have a passion for open source software, and the impact it has on the world
- You have a background in documentation creation and management
- Experience as a technical author is required, particular experience with public or private cloud technologies is desired
- Project management experience is desired; a PMP is a bonus.
- 100% work-from-home
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.