Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Staff Product Engineer (React Native)
- Our Mobile Product teams are building the flagship Chipper Cash product as well as entirely new products that the fin tech ecosystem has never seen before. You’ll work cross functionally with various designers, product owners & engineers to build and deliver exceptional user experiences and products for our 4+ million Chipper users.
- As a technical leader within the Mobile Product team, you will demonstrate specialised knowledge in the React Native space to help guide, advise and build best in class products for the African and worldwide markets.
- You will work with members of our product squads to ensure we are delivering the very best technical solutions and experiences for our users.
What You Will Be Doing
- Join a team of geographically distributed engineers who own Mobile Product with the goal of shipping the most reliable & engaging mobile app in our industry
- Be a technical leader within the Mobile Product team to help define and shape and push the boundaries of mobile at Chipper
- Own the technical implementation and roadmap for the Mobile Product team & support our product squads in defending theirs
- Build, test and ship customer facing features & products using tools and frameworks like React Native, Typescript, ES6, Node, and Redux
- Enhance our reputation as a trusted payments brand by managing ways of measuring reliability, performance, and observability
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centered UX
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and safety regulations
- Relentlessly pursue and demonstrate best in class engineering standards
What You Should Have
- A desire to push the boundaries on what can be achieved with React Native & Typescript.
- 5+ years of experience building large scale commercial web or mobile applications using React/React Native.
- Experience in driving large, potentially cross organisational, engineering projects to success.
- Experience in CI/CD best practices to deliver software frequently and reliably
- An ability to collaborate with designers, product owners, and other Chipper teams to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving our users’ problems
- Understanding and appreciation of development tooling.
- Empathy for building performant experiences for folks with low end devices, low storage space and slow internet connections, with ideas on how we can monitor and continuously improve this experience.
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online