Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Python / Go / Kubernetes)
- Canonical aims to deliver the world’s best open source portfolio of integrated, secure and reliable software to the telecommunications industry.
- The team is seeking an experienced engineer with significant professional experience in Python and Go.
- We’re building software operators that can be deployed on bare-metal, public cloud, private cloud and Kubernetes.
- Help the growing engineering team at Canonical bring the cutting edge of open source software into the telecommunications sector.
- As a senior engineer on the team, you’ll bring significant software engineering experience, public cloud and Kubernetes experience and a keen eye for software design and architecture.
- You will be involved in all the aspects of the software development process: you will design software, write high-quality code and tests, provide insightful code reviews, write documentation and help to troubleshoot issues.
- This more senior role will also entail mentoring other members of the team and being an advocate for the team’s efforts inside and outside of the company.
- In addition to the engineering behind the project itself, you’ll have the chance to work with industry-leading teams inside Canonical, ensuring your work is backed by rock-solid data stores, and highly observable using our Kubernetes-based Observability stack.
Who you are
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You have significant software engineering experience with Python or Go
- You have experience deploying software in various environments like Linux and Kubernetes
- You have experience performing the various life-cycle activities of software (like scaling, upgrading and migrating)
- You have experience with infrastructure automation using tools like Juju, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- You relish the opportunity to work for one of the pioneering firms in open source
- You’re able to travel for 2-4 weeks per year.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination.
- We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers.
- This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.