Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Product Engineer, Cards (React Native)
- Our Mobile Product teams are building the flagship Chipper Cash product as well as entirely new products that the fin tech ecosystem has never seen before. You’ll work cross functionally with various designers, product owners & engineers to build and deliver exceptional user experiences and products for our 4+ million Chipper users.
- Your role within the Mobile Product team will be to help shape and build a best in class card product so users can seamlessly transact with Chipper issued Visa & Mastercard cards while also owning the mobile technical roadmap for this product.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Be an Owner: Own technical implementation and technical roadmap improvements of the Chipper Cash card product from the mobile side
- Join a team of geographically distributed engineers who own mobile product with the goal of shipping the most reliable & engaging mobile app in our industry
- Build intuitive and delightful customer experiences that strengthen our reputation for a trusted payments brand
- Build, test and ship customer facing features/products using tools and frameworks like React Native, Typescript, ES6, Node, and Redux
- Raise the bar for product quality by maintaining a high baseline and quickly fixing and polishing UX issues
- Design and contribute to the high-performance backend services that drive the mobile app
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centered UX
- Relentlessly pursue best in class engineering standards while still getting updates and new products into our users hands.
What You Should Have
- 3+ years of experience with React or React Native – this role is in React Native but no experience is needed as long as you’ve been using React on the web
- 3+ years of experience with Typescript
- Empathy for building performant experiences for folks with low end devices, low disk space and slow internet connections
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence
- An ability to collaborate with designers, product owners, and other Chipper teams to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving our users’ problems
- You ship incrementally to move fast and can communicate how the team needs to handle product transitions
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- A desire to work with some of our most demanding and discerning customers
- A passion for building amazing end-to-end experiences with an eye for design and quality
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
Application Closing Date
Method o0f Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online