Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Pricing Manager
What You Will Be Doing
Develop pricing strategies for:
- Current products (transfers – forex, p2p, crypto, services – airtime, bills, and data, and investments – stocks) including:
- Optimal product pricing and margin targets
- Support acquisition and engagement strategies e.g. designing experiments with promotions (working with Growth and Revenue teams)
- Drivers of pricing and other operational KPIs.
- Competitive positioning within markets, building the competitive landscape for the geographies you look after.
- New products (working with Product and Revenue teams).
- Growth initiatives by using price science techniques to measure customer price sensitivity, predict customer behaviour & conversion and optimise pricing points to achieve business financial and customer relationship objectives.
Growth and Optimization:
- Drive the execution of the pricing transformation roadmap
- Design playbooks for pricing strategies. Drive playbook execution to achieve key business objectives/targets. Ensure playbooks are embedded in organization
- Collaborate with Ops team on regular monitoring and price optimization for products, developing mitigation strategies where required
- Build strong relationships with country teams to ensure that pricing recommendations are actionable and tailored to local markets
- Provide insights on Chipper’s competitive pricing position & consumer behaviour across markets
- Create and own reporting on pricing related KPIs
- Input into budgeting and reporting processes.
What You Should Have
- 5+ years’ experience in consumer pricing strategy, Go-to-market pricing strategy
- 2+ years’ experience in market research and competitive landscape analysis
- Fintech experience highly desirable, especially crypto products or remittances
- Familiarity with dynamics around handling multiple currencies and their impact on pricing strategies
- Good experience with statistical analysis and price/demand functions
- Strong quantitative analytical skills; Skilled professional in data wrangling, database querying, modelling and use of cloud based platforms such as snowflake and sagemaker
- Technical experience with Excel and data visualization tools
- Comfort with fast changing environments
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Highly collaborative.
- Ability to work across multiple teams, remote offices, time-zones with flexibility and a can do attitude.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online