EHA Clinics is a world-class private sector comprehensive health care service provider located in Nigeria. We aim to bridge the gap between patients and healthcare services in any setting: the clinic, the home, or through innovative online and mobile solutions. All of our clinics are equipped with the latest healthcare technologies, and the most dedicated team of healthcare professionals, providing a unique range of patient-centric services.
Alongside each EHA Clinics location, operates a Community Health Program (REACH) which utilizes innovative services and financing to promote universal health coverage and access for low-income, uninsured and under-served families and individuals. Who we are: EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a chain of clinics spread across Nigeria that provides innovative and technology-driven healthcare to the population.
EHA Clinics currently boasts of three Clinics located in Abuja and Kano and is working to expand to other parts of Nigeria. EHA Clinics uses state of the art equipment to bridge the gap in the provision of high-quality diagnostics and healthcare through routine services (general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography…etc) and specialized services (telemedicine, medical evacuation, home care, dental care, ophthalmology, and radiology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Associate
- The Research Associate is responsible for the coordination and overseeing daily administrative and clinical activities of the clinic and clinical team members to ensure compassionate, effective, and efficient delivery of high-quality clinical care for patients.
- S/he is responsible for the supervision of all employed clinical support staff.
- Serve as the primary leadership communication link between the teams and departments throughout the organization.
- S/he is responsible to ensure the overall smooth day-to-day operations, and employee engagement.
- In addition, as an Assistant QA manager, s/he will manage and implement quality management and quality improvement programs to ensure a high-quality patient experience while achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Assist a team of, scientists and clinical staff to successfully execute research projects.
- Actively monitor the performance of projects to ensure they meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Meet with funders and investigators to prepare research implementation plans.
- Prepare and obtain Ethics Review Board and other applicable approvals.
- Recruit and supervise research interns.
- Coordinate with the procurement team for timely procurement of research equipment and consumables.
- Regularly create social media posts and stories to increase the visibility of the department in the local and professional community.
- Assist the finance team to prepare budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Recruit additional staff as needed.
- Screen grant applications and RFPs to identify research opportunities.
- Provide some input to grant applications and RFPs and submit them on time.
- Conduct outreach activities at universities and other suitable organizations to solicit new projects and staff.
- Coordinate with external consultants as needed on projects.
- Work closely with intramural and extramural colleagues to identify new research topics and funding opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Adhere to EHA Clinics code of conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Medicine or Public Health from an accredited university; a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Biological Science or a similar field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 1 year of outstanding work experience as a research intern or support staff in a nationally recognized organization is essential. Demonstrable proof of such experience is required prior to any interviews.
- Knowledge and experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite are desirable.
- Good documentation and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
Competitive salary based on our salary scale.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month (based on full-time work schedule).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To be considered for this position, send in a letter of interest addressing how your competencies meet the requirements for this role and an updated copy of your CV in PDF.
- Only eligible candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your time and look forward to getting in touch with you.