SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QHSE Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent contract
Employee Status: Employee
- We are currently looking for a QHSE Officer to join our work force in Nigeria.
- Carry out incident investigation, reporting including implementation of close-out of preventive and corrective actions of accidents/accidents that occur to ensure compliance with Company Procedure for Incident management.
- Focus on the early identification of potential problems and propose appropriate solutions to management.
- Coordinate Quality and HSE activities to comply with all relevant Company Rules and requirements.
- Lead on Quality and HSE issues and on the implementation of QMS and HSE MS requirements.
- Attend/conduct regular QHSE meetings with clients and subcontractors HSE forum and be able to discuss and agree on safety standards, concerns, and hazards management.
- Participate in Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) ensuring implementation of identified mitigation measures.
- Perform regular safety-compliance inspections and audits of subcontractors to ensure implementation of safe working procedures and best practices.
- Implement, monitor, and report corrective actions further to HSE inspections, site tour findings, audits, and monitoring activities.
- Stop any unsafe operation/situation, proffer correction / corrective actions and report immediately to Management.
- Conduct or participate in safety training of personnel as required.
- Assist in the investigation of QHSSE incidents to determine underlying causes.
- Ensure that equipment, personnel, and other resources are HSE compliant.
- Coordinate with QA/QC personnel on issues requiring quality assurance and quality control.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly HSE reports on activities, surveys and inspections, as may be required.
- Ensure all relevant safety documentations and permits are available and up to date.
- Actively involved in the reporting of safety observations and promotion of same
- Coordinate the performance of Toolbox meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in the promotion of SPIE QHSE campaigns.
- Assist all QHSE performance reporting and perform other duties as may be required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or a related field and at least 6 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas
- Industry QHSE Management.
- Knowledge of international safety legislation, codes of practice, etc., audit/inspection
- techniques and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of QMS and HSE MS and risk management processes.
- Experience in management systems monitoring, e.g. implementing plans, hazardous materials & hazardous wastes management, reporting, etc., related to Company activities.
- Experienced in providing safety training and awareness courses to company staff and Contractors.
- Fluent in English. Have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
- Previous experience in a large multinational taskforce environment.
- Minimum level of experience required – 6 years or more.
- Relevant certifications for position.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online