Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Marketing at Canonical
- The marketing team at Canonical drives commercial outcomes for the company across its portfolio of products and grows the addressable market through digital marketing campaigns, lifecycle management, events, partnerships and community development.
- We dare you to be different and as a member of our global team, you are encouraged to take good ideas and run with them, pursuing the best outcome for our customers and the business while having fun along the way.
- We’re located all over the world coming together to share best practices, ideas and opportunities for growth. If these things are important to you and you’re driven by driving growth, delighting customers and filling the sales funnel, we want to talk with you!
- Canonical is looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for developing marketing strategy and go to market plans at a global level for a diverse range of products to support our growth strategy.
- This is a hands-on, multi-disciplinary and dynamic position, requiring close collaboration with the Product and engineering teams, content team, Sales Teams, as well as other Marketing functions.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to always improve oneself / the team / the organisation.
- They love to problem solve, get hands on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
As a product marketing manager you will:
- Be responsible for go-to-market planning and execution for a range of products
- Lead on content dissemination planning, campaign development and planning for planning product launches.
- You will lead on the development of compelling messaging and positioning that emphasizes business value and connects with target audiences throughout the buying journey.
- Conceiving and executing customer base communications and marketing programs to upsell and cross sell into our large base of customers
- Collaborating with demand generation teams, utilizing data and insights to create and improve strategies that drive traffic to our content, optimizing marketing funnels.
- Work with the teams to plan event, webinars and support paid and social media promotion.
- PR / AR coordination with Comms manager.
- Create and publish content (online and print) in line with marketing plans to deliver on campaigns
- Monitoring the competitive landscape to define product positioning that differentiates
The successful Marketing Manager will have:
- Track record in a Product Marketing function focused on enterprise software, SaaS.
- Knowledge of workflow and process automation, case management and no/low code application development.
- Knowledge of enterprise content management / content services would also be ideal.
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, and action plans.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and aptitude for forging trusting relationships across diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Conversant in go-to-market strategies and methodologies.
- Skilled in leading presentations and discussions with industry analysts, business, technical, and sales stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong content marketer
- Proven ability to prioritize and differentiate what matters from the noise, meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Growth mindset – someone who is not afraid to think big and take on risk.
What Canonical Offers
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.