The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Principal Policy Officer (Intelligence Analysis)
Requisition ID: 1081
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Reports to: Deputy Director
Directorate / Department: Continental Operational Center
Division: Office of the Deputy Executive Director, Intelligence Analysis Unit
Number of Direct Reports: 10
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P4
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Principal Policy Officer (Intelligence Analysis ) analyzes, evaluates and isolates information gathered by Policy Officers (Liaison & Data Collection) and the Research & Capacity Building Unit, and produces reports on vital information in a timely manner that is used to anticipate and prevent organized crime activities, and direct policy decisions.
- The Principal Policy Officer (Intelligence Analysis) will perform the following duties:
- Provide overall leadership to the intelligence function of the Centre.
- Represent the Centre in regional, continental and international conferences.
- Develops strategic plans for his/her assigned region in line with the Centre’s strategic goals, objectives and priorities.
- Plans and coordinates the work schedules of Policy Officers (Liaison & Data Collection).
- Presents and defends resource requirements needed to carry out the annual work-plans of the Intelligence Unit.
- Ensures quality control measures for data collected by Policy Officers (Liaison & Data Collection).
- Liaises with regional police chiefs organizations in Africa , the Committee of Intelligence & Security Services of Africa (CISSA), INTERPOL, AFRIPOL, FRONTEX and other stakeholders in the intelligence community for intelligence collection.
- Analyzes, evaluates and isolates information gathered by Policy Officers (Liaison & Data Collection) the Research & Capacity Building Unit and other sources, disciplines, and agencies across the intelligence community
- Through the aggregation intelligence information, produces timey reports that can be used to anticipate and prevent organized criminal activities, and direct policy decisions by Member States;
- Advises Member States on planning, tracking, and/or execution of strategic and tactical intelligence operations;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Law, or International Relations or other related disciplines with ten (10) years relevant work experience in aspects of intelligence analysis (e.g., target development, social network analysis, and metadata analysis).preferably in government, an international organization or similar organizations.
- Or a Bachelor’s Degree in the above areas of study with twelve (12) years of relevant work experience in the above mentioned area.
- Candidates are required to have at least six (6) and three (3) years’ experience at managerial and supervisory levels.
- Ability to synthesize information to solve complex problems
- Intellectually inquisitive and strong desire for learning
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple assignments
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Ability to work effectively across several different functional areas in a collaborative environment
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment.
- Training in computer science or networking i.e. cyber security, data modelling, metadata analysis, or quantitative / statistical analysis
- Very good exposure in applying research methodology
- Very good understanding of social network analysis – Telecommunications – Target development .
- Excellent command of at least one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish).
- Knowledge of any of the other three will be an added advantage.
- Strategic Insight
- Developing others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk.
- Building Relationship
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence.
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and Information Sharing
- Drive for Result
- Continuous improvement orientation.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Tenure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,819.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online