Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture Manager – Humanitarian Response
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To ensure effective and efficient management of People and Culture related activities towards implementation of the Humanitarian response programme in the North East of Nigeria.
- The role provides technical leadership in ensuring that all People and Culture processes, procedures and practices are in line with Plan International policies and best practices.
- The position is also the administrative and strategic leader of the humanitarian response.
Dimensions of the Role
- Reporting to the Head of People and Culture, the People and Culture Manager will coordinate and ensure that the People and Culture Department achieve its core objectives within the Humanitarian response and the organization.
- The post holder will be responsible for the People and Culture department in the humanitarian response, line manage the People and Culture Officers in the North East locations.
- Manage all People and Culture related matters with support from the Country office, including ensuring staff understanding and compliance with the Staff and HR manuals.
- Leads and coordinates all recruitment and selection processes for the Humanitarian response and ensures all recruitment documents are processed for necessary approvals.
- Plans and delivers induction for new staff to enable them to settle faster and easily.
- Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for all staff, associates and partners on key organizational policies, processes and procedures
- Maintains up-to-date response programme organization charts, job descriptions and employee records to support the programme needs.
- Ensures adherence to Plan policy and practices that are consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements that prevent organizational conflicts.
- Provides coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on all P&C issues, promoting fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing disciplinary, grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization.
- With support from the Country office, conducts annual training needs analysis for all staff, source for, plan and delivers trainings to address performance gaps.
- Supports managers and staff in implementing the Plan International performance management process.
- Liaises with line managers to develop and maintain succession plans for key roles in the programme for smooth transition of the key roles and also implement career development plans
- Facilitates activities that would motivate and support the retention of staff to retain the best staff.
- Upholds harmony/teamwork among staff to create good and healthy working environment that improves performance.
- Manages all staff annual leave and Rest & Recuperation schedule
- Coordinates timely submission of approved time sheet for all staff in the response
- Work closely with the partnership team to provide support, coaching and mentoring for partner organizations working with plan international in the humanitarian response
- Participate in the annual budgeting and planning process for the P&C department for all P&C costs related to the Humanitarian response
- Work closely with the Head of People and culture to ensure all regional and global KPIs are submitted in a timely manner
- Participates fully in local NGO or multi-sector HR networks and ensures that learning/best practices are shared and utilized
- Ensure that all officers across the humanitarian response maintain a proper file management system for all Adhoc staff recruitments across the Humanitarian response
- Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A B.Sc Degree in Human Resource Management/Social Sciences or other related courses. Any relevant professional certification and a Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- 4 – 5 years’ practical work experience in managing human resources systems in a similar organization
- Familiarity with Nigerian laws.
- Experience successfully implementing organisational HR policy and practice.
- Experience in an HR specialist function, organisational design, performance management, reward management, recruitment and selection, or training and development.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic Human Resources skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player.
- Provides good and adequate Human Resource support to the team to the programme meet agreed organizational outcomes
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Influencing skills.
- Promotes high performance
- Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches and processes
- Dynamic and committed to efficient service.
- Ability to involve and listen to others to ensure good understanding and implementation of human resources activities.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online