Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture Manager – Development
- To ensure effective and efficient management of human resources-related activities towards implementation of the Development programme in Plan Nigeria.
- Working with the Head of People and Culture, the role provides technical support to all People and Culture systems for the country programme and ensures that all People and Culture processes, procedures and practices are in line with Plan International policies and best practices.
- The position is also the administrative and strategic leader of the Developmental response.
Dimensions of the Role
- Reporting to the Head of People and Culture, the People and Culture Manager will coordinate and ensure that the People and Culture Department achieve its core objectives within the Development programme and the organization.
- The post holder will line manage People and Culture Officers in the development programme and the other People and Culture roles based in the Country Office.
- Manage all People and Culture-related matters with support from the Head of People and Culture, including ensuring staff understanding and compliance with the Staff and P&C manuals.
- Leads and coordinates all recruitment and selection processes for the development Programme and ensures all recruitment documents are processed for necessary approvals.
- Plans and delivers induction for new staff to enable them to settle faster and easily.
- Develop and implement a capacity-building plan for all staff, associates and partners on key organizational policies, processes and procedures
- Maintains up-to-date development programme organization charts, job descriptions and employee records to support the programme needs.
- Ensures adherence to HR policy and practices that are consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements that prevent organizational conflicts.
- Provide coaching and advice to Managers and Supervisors on all HR issues, promoting fairness and transparency in the handling of people management practices, including whistleblowing disciplinary, grievances to maintain consistency and fairness within the organization.
- With support from the Head of People and Culture, conducts annual training needs analysis for all staff, source for, plan and deliver training to address performance gaps.
- Supports managers and staff in implementing the Plan International performance management process.
- Liaises with line managers to develop and maintain succession plans for key roles in the programme for the smooth transition of the key roles and also implement career development plans
- Facilitates activities that would motivate and support the retention of staff to retain the best staff.
- Upholds harmony/teamwork among staff to create a good and healthy working environment that improves performance.
- Manages all staff annual leave
- Coordinates timely submission of approved time sheet for all staff in the response
- Participates fully in local NGO or multi-sector HR networks and ensures that learning/best practices are shared and utilized
- Manages all staff onboarding process and exit process on the HRIS system
- Works with Line manager to ensure registration and Management of staff on the Group Life and Health Insurance
- With Support from the line manager, processes all HR-related payments to staff and 3rd parties (relocation allowances, final entitlement payment etc)
- Ensures effective management of all staff Benefits- in the Development programme (HMO service etc)
- Ensure staff provide complete and proper documentation for payroll management
- Works closely with the Head of People and Culture for payroll administration
- Ensure all staff exit processes are completed including ensuring that separating staff are paid terminal benefits where applicable
- Acts as the first point of contact for all staff complaints in the development programme and Country office.
- Work closely with the Head of People and culture to ensure all regional and global KPIs are submitted in a timely manner
- Participate in the annual budgeting and planning process for the P&C department
- Ensure proper file management system is maintained for both full-time staff and Adhoc staff across the development programme locations
- Supports internal and external audit processes
- Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A B.Sc Degree in Human Resource Management/Social Sciences or other related courses. Any relevant professional certification and a Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ practical work experience in managing human resources systems in a similar organization
- Familiarity with Nigerian laws.
- Experience successfully implementing organisational HR policy and practice.
- Experience in an HR specialist function, organisational design, performance management, reward management, recruitment and selection, or training and development
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic Human Resources skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Team player.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted