EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Practice and QA Manager
Summary of Job
- The Optometrist will work as part of a team delivering total satisfaction to our customers by conducting thorough eye examinations, contact lens assessments, and aftercare.
- You’ll offer our customers recommendations to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- You will use your knowledge to effectively identify customer needs and recommend eye-wear and eye care solutions accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Examine the eyes of patients of all ages in accordance with the guidelines laid out by the College of Optometrists and the General Optical Council
- Use specialist equipment for diagnosis and testing
- Issue prescriptions for spectacles or contact lenses
- Fit and check prescribed lenses in order to correct vision defects
- Offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters
- Offer help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses
- Write referral communications to doctors as required in line with legal guidelines
- Liaise with other medical practitioners and sometimes share the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions
- Meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles & contact lenses
- Manage staff, including dispensing opticians and store staff as required
- Supervise and train store staff
- Open and close the store according to established guidelines
- Perform core administrative functions.
Patient & Family Education / Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making a decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD).
- The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
Qualifications & Training
- Possess a Degree in Optometry registered with the Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) from a recognized institution and must have completed one year National Service (NYSC) or duly exempted.
- Certified and licensed to work in the state by the Federation of State Boards as an optometrist.
- Five(5) years of experience working in a healthcare setting
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria.
- Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
- Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Subcutaneous phaeohyphomycosis lesions are often surgically excised, allowing histopathologic examination, which may be needed to differentiate among clinically similar disease processes accutane skin care He lives and works in Marin County, CA
buy priligy online usa Bella thankfully pulled through what I later found out was a fainting spell
Tamoxifen doesn t work for everyone where to buy clomid online bodybuilding
Combined with the notion that such benzodiazepine receptor associated GABA a receptors exist both peripherally and in the CNS, this activity consequently facilitates various effects like sedation, hypnosis, skeletal muscle relaxation, anticonvulsant activity, and anxiolytic action 6, 7, 13, 14 buy nolvadex
Zhao Ling knew in his heart that if he continued to consume like this, he would definitely lose in the end Because the field after fusion is too powerful, Zhao Ling is current strength alone cannot break it tamoxifen usage