MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC Support Engineer (French Speaking)
Job Type: Permanent
- The NOC Support Engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first line troubleshooting / fault isolation, resolve where necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes.
Other job responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Monitor MainOne’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
Skill & Competencies:
- Ability to write and speak fluently in French is compulsory
- Skilled in Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Skilled in deploying Huawei OSN series equipment
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Skilled in deploying knowledge of IP devices will be a plus
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools / instruments.
Demands of the Job
- Could be required to travel to support other MainOne Operations outside the country.
- The role is a shift based, the selected candidate will be required on work on weekends and public holidays depending on the allocated shift slot.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online