International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Shani, Borno
Position: Nigerian nationals only
- To provide quality logistic support for IMC project sites in Shani, Nigeria and to work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for International Medical Corps (IMC) in a complex operation.
- Carry out tasks within approved IMC Policies and procedures.
- Complete required tasks using initiative and/or basic planning.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are always followed.
- May be responsible for supervising one or more temporary support staff/casual labourers, including basic planning of day-to-day work.
- Impact team/processes on a wider scale including program teams.
- Contribute to improvements in processes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure procurement is conducted in line with IMC policies and procedures, through the IMC logistics, purchasing and supply procedures in compliance with donor requirements and regulations.
- Review all requisitions and liaise with Procurement Officer in Maiduguri to ensure that adequate specifications and correct budget estimates are provided.
- Working with the Procurement Officer, provide timely information to the programme department on the status of their procurement actions.
- Manage warehouse/store located in Shani following IMC policy.
- Provide information to the Warehouse team on dispatches expected and advice on any special instructions to expedite delivery to the destination.
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining accurate records of all procurement transactions, as required, both electronically and manually for audit trail.
- Keep tracking of all PRS and procurement records and Assist the Procurement Officer to generate regular logistics reports (i.e., production of requisition tracking sheet, Request order reports, Purchase order reports, etc.) and other relevant logistics reports.
- Work closely with the field office programme and finance team to ensure the compilation of invoices, delivery notes, GRNs and other receipts to facilitate invoice processing at the field office level.
- Manage field office generators and vehicles with regular guidance and consultation with Supply Chain Manager.
- Effective communication with all relevant departments (particularly programme and finance) on any issues relating to logistics and the associated processes involved
- Be ready for deployment to other logistics functions such as warehouse, fleet, or programme to allow career growth and development.
- Assume other additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager and technical manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree or HND in a relevant Business field is desired
- At least 1 year of experience in large scale Logistics operation, Manufacturing and or food assistance distribution.
- Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. High computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Words. Outlook) programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action so as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Based in Shani and willingness to travel to other project areas.
- Must read and understand and demonstrate the willingness and ability to follow guidelines.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations and Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments and sites.
- Experience living in remote or isolated work stations, or insecure locations.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and to partners and to require them to adhere to these values.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to “the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise, applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgent need for the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.