JUPEB Chemistry Past Questions pdf. JUPEB Chemistry Exam is one of the toughest examinations of the Joint Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB). This article brings you information on the components of Jupeb chemistry past question and methods you could use to explore the past question, how to download or get it into your smartphone or any other technology gadget that you can use to study for your exams such as the Ipad, computer etc.
While preparing for any kind of exam, there is a need to show perfection in preparation. This gives you confidence and prepares your mind to conquer fear and any other uncertainty that may pose itself to intimidate you on account of the exams. getting the past question to study and practice for the JUPEB chemistry exams will give help you to achieve the desired result in the exams.
jupeb past questions pdf download, jupeb physics past questions and answers, jupeb chemistry practical past questions, unilag jupeb past questions and answers pdf, jupeb past questions on literature, uniben jupeb past questions
Why you need the JUPEB Chemistry Past Questions pdf
Not only will this past question expose you to the questions that have been asked years back as most of those questions get repeated every year, but it will also show you what to expect as you are preparing for the exams and the correct answer to give when you are asked such question.
The exams questions will not be new to you because the past question and answers that we offer comprise a list of questions asked previously during the exams, and some will just be rephrased. So if you don’t have a copy of this past question, then you are losing out. It also provides useful information about the types of questions to expect. You will find out the number of questions you will see in the examination.
1. It enlightens you on the scope of the exam. Hence, you won’t be in the dark about questions to expect in the examination. In like manner, you won’t develop examination fever as a result of not knowing where the questions will be coming from.
2. It equips you beforehand.
3. It guides you on how to answer exam technical questions.
How is JUPEB Chemistry Past Questions pdf Pattern
This past question follows the original pattern of JUPEB chemistry question which is the multi-choice and theory. The multichoice section has the question with suggested answers from A-D, you are expected to choose the most appropriate answer for each question. This is where the past question comes in. We have carefully compiled the questions and provided the correct answer to them to make it easier for the users.
Sample of JUPEB Chemistry Past Questions pdf
SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Answer all questions in this section. Use the OMR answer sheet provided to answer the questions.
Follow the instructions on the OMR sheet.
SECTION B: ESSAY QUESTIONS
Answer FOUR questions; ONE question from each course. Ensure you read and follow all the Instructions on the cover page of the Answer Booklet.
SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Answer All Questions.
1. The reproducibility or repeatability of measurement is termed
D. Confidence Interval
2. The alpha (α-) scattering experiment is synonymous with
A. J. J. Thomson
B. Ernest Rutherford
C. James Chadwick
D. Henry Mosley
3. According to Brønsted-Lowry, an acid is a\an
A. proton acceptor.
B. proton donor.
C. electron acceptor.
D. electron donor.
4. Isotopes of hydrogen differ from one another in
A. atomic number.
B. number of protons.
C. number of electrons.
D. number of neutrons.
5. A solution of known concentration is termed a
A. standard solution.
B. unsaturated solution.
C. saturated solution.
D. supersaturated solution.
6. Which of the following is the reason why CCl4 is non-polar?
A. The polar bonds cancel each other.
B. The molecule is non-linear.
C. The molecule is covalent.
D. Small electronegativity difference between C and Cl.
SECTION B: ESSAY QUESTIONS
Answer FOUR Questions in all; ONE from each Course.
CHM 001: GENERAL CHEMISTRY
1 (a) Distinguish between ionization energy and electron affinity giving an example in each
case. [2 marks]
(b) Briefly describe and give reasons for the observed trends of the following atomic
properties in the periodic table (i) Atomic size (ii) Ionization energy (iii) Electron
affinity. [3 marks]
(c) Balance the following oxidation-reduction reactions, which occur in acidic solution,
using half-reaction method:
Cr2O72-(aq) + Cl– (aq) → Cr3+ (aq) + Cl2(g) [3 marks]
(d) Assign oxidation number to each atom in the following reaction and hence identify
the oxidizing agent and reducing agent in each reaction.
(i) 2Al(s) + 3H2SO4 (aq) → Al2(SO4)3(aq) + 3H2(g)
(ii) PbO (s) + CO (g) → Pb(s) + CO2 (g) [2 marks]
[Total = 10 marks]
2. (a) A compound X is known to contain carbon, hydrogen and oxygen only. When it is
burnt completely in excess oxygen, carbon dioxide and water are given out as the only
products. It is found that 0.46g of X gives 0.88g carbon dioxide and 0.54g water.
Find the empirical formula of compound X (R.A. M : H=1.0, C=12.0, O=16.0) [4 marks]
(b) (i) Differentiate between extensive and intensive property
(ii) Give one example each of extensive and intensive property [2 marks]
(c) (i) State one information that each of the three (3) quantum numbers n, l and m give
about the atomic orbital
(ii) Identify the orbitals described by the following quantum numbers and arrange them
in order of increasing energy.
n = 4 l = 0 m = 0
n = 3 l = 2 m = – 1
n = 4 l = 2 m = 2
n = 3 l = 1 m = 0
CHM 002: PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY
3. (a) (i) Write the van der Waals equation and state all the parameters. [2 marks]
(ii) If sulfur (iv) oxide were an ideal gas, the pressure at 0.0 °C exerted by 1.0 mole
occupying 22.4 L would be 1.0 atm (22.4 L is the molar volume of an ideal gas at
(STP). Use the Van der Waals equation to estimate the pressure of this volume of
1.0 mol. 𝑆𝑂2 at 0.0 °C. (Take 𝑎 = 6.865 𝐿2. 𝑎𝑡𝑚/𝑚𝑜𝑙2, b = 0.05679 L/mol.) [2 marks]
(b) Briefly account for the following observation, when a solution of sodium iodide and
potassium nitrate are mixed together, no visible reaction is observed, however when a
solution of lead nitrate is substituted for potassium nitrate, a visible reaction is
observed and a precipitate is formed. [2 marks]
(c) (i) Distinguish between natural and induced radioactivity.
(ii) The isotope 9038Sr is one of the extremely hazardous species in the fallout from a
nuclear fission explosion. A 0.600 g sample diminishes to 0.395 g in ten years.
Calculate the half-life. [4 marks] [Total = 10 marks]
4. (a) (i) State the law of mass action.
(ii) Using relevant illustrative reaction, distinguish between the reaction quotient (Q)
and the equilibrium constant (K).
FOR COMPLETE PDF AND ANSWER PAST QUESTION, WATSAPP ME AT: +2347033261731
- UNILAG Post UTME Past Questions and Answers – Free Download
- EKSU Post UTME Past Questions and Answers [FREE!]
- UNILORIN Post UTME Past Questions and Answers – Free Download
- UNICAL Post UTME Past Questions and Answers [Free Download]
- University of Ibadan Post UTME Past Questions and Answers [Free Download]
7 Tips to Prepare for JUPEB Exams
- Don’t make reading your hobby: A lot of people put reading as a hobby in their CV, they might be right because they have finished schooling. But “You” are still schooling, so reading should be in top priority and not as a hobby. Read far and wide to enhance your level of aptitude
- Get Exams Preparation Materials: These involve textbooks, dictionaries, JUPEB Chemistry Past Questions pdf, mock questions, and others. These materials will enhance your mastering of the scope of the exams you are expecting.
- Attend Extramural Classes: Register and attend extramural classes at your location. This class will not only help you refresh your memory but will boast your classroom understanding and discoveries of new knowledge.
- Sleep when you feel like: When you are preparing for any exams, sleeping is very important because it helps in the consolidation of memory. Caution: Only sleep when you feel like it and don’t oversleep.
- Make sure you are healthy: Sickness can cause excessive feelings of tiredness and fatigue and will not allow you to concentrate on reading. If you are feeling as if you are not well, report to your parent, a nurse, or a doctor. Make sure you are well. Waec Result
- Eat when you feel like: During the exam preparation period, you are advised not to overeat, so as to avoid sleep. You need to eat little and light food whenever you feel like eating. Eat more of fruits, drink milk and glucose. This will help you to enhance retention. Npower Recruitment
- Reduce your time in social media: Some people live their entire life on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger chat. This is so bad and catastrophic if you are preparing for exams. Try and reduce your time spent on social media during this time. Maybe after the exams, you can go back and sleep in it.
If you like these tips, consider sharing them with your friends and relatives. Do you have a question or comments? Put it on the comment form below. We will be pleased to hear from you and help you to score as high as possible.
jupeb 2021 past questions and answers
We wish you good luck!