The JAMB Syllabus for Agriculture 2023 is the topic and credible text books you must study for the UTME examination as you adequately prepare for the exam next year.
Using the JAMB syllabus to study for your examination is the open secret to getting a high score.
The JAMB Agriculture syllabus also contains objectives for each topic. These objectives are what you must know for every topic you study.
This post contains the complete list of topics in the JAMB Agriculture syllabus.
- JAMB Registration 2022 Requirements and Procedures
- JAMB Syllabus for All UTME Subjects 2023
- JAMB Subject Combination 2023
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for all Courses 2023
Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions.
JAMB Syllabus for Agriculture 2023
Here is the JAMB syllabus for Agriculture.
- Application of ICT in Agriculture
- Farm Machinery and Implements
- Farm Surveying and Farmstead Planning
- Introduction to Agricultural Research and Statistics
- Introduction to Biotechnology
- Mechanization and Sources of Farm Power
- Processing and Storage
- Simple Farm Tools
Agriculture Economics and Extension
- Agricultural Extension
- Basic Economic Principles
- Characteristic Features of Agricultural Production
- Factors of Agricultural Production
- Farm Management
- Lab our Management
- Marketing of Agricultural Produce
- Crop Diseases
- Crop Husbandry
- Crop Improvement
- Crop Pests
- Cropping Systems, Planting Patterns and Plant Densities
- Forest Management (Silviculture)
- Growth, Development and Reproduction
- Land Preparation and Soil Tillage
- Pasture and Forage Crops
- Plant Forms and Functions
- Plant Propagation Methods
- Rocks and Soil Formation
- Soil Water and Soil Conservation
- Soil Fertility
- Anatomy and Physiology of Farm Animals
- Animal Health
- Animal Improvement
- Animal Nutrition
- Bee-Keeping (Apiculture)
- Fisheries and Wildlife
- Forms and Classification of Major Farm Animals in West Africa
- General Terminology in Animal Production
- Livestock Management
- Reproduction in Farm Animals
- Agricultural Ecology
- Farm Inputs
- History of Agricultural Development in West Africa
- Importance of Agriculture
- Meaning and Scope of Agriculture
- Roles of Government and NGO in Agricultural Development
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Agriculture
- Adeniyi, M. O. et al (1999) Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Agricultural Science, Ibadan: Evans.
- Akinsanmi, A. O. (2000) Junior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman.
- Akinsanmi, O. A. (2000) Senior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman.
- Anthonio, Q. B. O. (1999) General Agriculture for West Africa, London:George Allen
- Are, L. A.et al (2010) Comprehensive Certificate Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary School, University Press Plc.
- Egbuna, C. K. et al (2014) Extension Modern Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools (2010), Extension Publication
- Emmanuel C. A. (2003) A Dictionary of Agriculture, Benue:Agitab Publisher Makurdi
- Falusi, A. O. and Adeleye, I. O. A (2000) Agricultural Science for Junior Secondary SchoolsBooks 1- 3, Ibadan: Onibonoje
- Komolafe, M. F., Adegbola, A. A., Are, L. A. and Ashaye, T. I. (2004) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools 1, 2 and 3,Ibadan: University Press Ltd.
- Philips T. A. (1986) Agricultural Notebook, Lagos: Longman
- STAN (1999) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools, Lagos: Longman