Turahfrique Interiors Limited is an Interior Design and Furniture Manufacturing Company that specializes in home, office, ceiling finishes, floor finishes, woodwork, interior design fittings and general constructions in various parts of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interior Architect
Employment Type: Full-time
As our interior architect you are required to:
- Specialize in designing and building interiors for safety, functionality and aesthetics.
- It is important that you not only understand the durability and strength of building materials, but also be skilled in the use of light, color and textures in a space.
- Draft plans to create or refinish spaces in private homes or commercial buildings with clients’ tastes in mind.
- Each job may require interaction with different clients, additional architects or designers, construction teams and inspectors.
- In creating plans for a space, ability to take into account interior construction, lighting and furnishings is very essential.
- You must be conversant with the federal, state and local building regulations so the designs are up-to-code.
- Be part of the building or remodeling process from beginning to end.
- At the initial meetings, it is your job to listen to the wants and needs of the client and make building suggestions. Ability to also get a feel for the space is crucial.
- After the initial consultations, you are required to drafts design plans. These plans may show placement of walls, windows, doors, plumbing, electrical systems, ventilation, structural accents and possibly furnishings. Ability to use computer drafting programs for this step is essential.
- Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with MD and all other project team; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Prepare work and material schedule for the project
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Monitor the project according to the project plan with assigned project supervisor
- Develop forms and records to document project activities for the assigned project supervisor
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staffs in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Visit after the project to ensure that the client is satisfied
- Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. in Architecture.
- At least 2 years experience as Interior Architect in a furniture or interior design
- Vast knowledge on wood works and furniture
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, CAD and Sketch Up
- Proficiency in the use of max cut is an added advantage
- Completion of Bachelor or Master’s level Architecture program
- Previous experience in furniture manufacturing or Interior Design Company is a must
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience is required.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Share this job: