United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Job Type: Permanent
Job Objective (s)
- To ensure an effective business partnering relationship in assigned regions, in line with the strategic objectives of the bank
- To provide strategic input on Talent Management issue to Business Leaders.
Strategic Workforce Planning:
- Analyze, forecast, and plan workforce supply and demand, assessing gaps, and implementing target talent management interventions to ensure that the Bank has the right people – with the right skills in the right places and at the right time.
- Partner with key stakeholders across business groups to conduct workforce planning following the outcome of job analysis and evaluation.
- Make use of relevant tools in churning out important workforce planning information to be used in reaching talent decisions and making feasible plans.
Employee engagement and motivation:
- Drive a culture of Simplicity, Responsiveness and Goal orientation & deploy a system that drives a culture of openness, equity and inclusiveness.
- Drive the employee engagement initiatives in line with your unit’s strategy.
- Provide consultation to employees and managers on grievance and disciplinary matters & ensure hearings are conducted fairly.
People strategy & change management:
- Drive and execute your units People Strategy with the objective of achieving optimal staff productivity across line of Business.
- As the execution arm of HR, implement proffered Talent Management solutions and group-wide initiatives.
- Implement & ensure an efficient employee onboarding process that leaves a lasting impression of excellence in the mind of the new employee.
- Drive and manage the system of clear career progression for staff that leverages on the diversity and vast scope of operations across line of business.
- Drive initiatives that ensures employees commitment to the organization’s goals & values, are encouraged to contribute to organizational success.
- Track and manage poor performance, within the Bank and providing performance report to Business leaders for informed decision.
- Monitor and manage successors in Anchor & critical roles within your line of business at every point in time.
- Provide Supervisors with the tools to create individualized development plans for their reports.
Coaching and mentoring:
- Drive bank wide mentoring programmes.
- Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness and success of the coaching and mentoring programs.
- Create opportunities for mentors and mentees to connect, beyond online mentoring platform.
- Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of highly complex HR issues to senior management and or management teams.
- Monitor the external environment and provide guidance on new developments which may be required in response to changing market, legislative and employment conditions.
- First Degree in any relevant Social Science Degree.
- 5 – 8 years’ related work experience.
- HR certification such as CIPD, SHRM, CIPM and proven experience as a HR Business Partner in a financial sector is an added advantage.
- We are looking for a candidate who has practical and hands on business partnering experience. Our ideal candidate must be knowledgeable about HR processes, employee lifecycle and the business.
- He/she must have strong business acumen, relationship management and analytical skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good knowledge of employee lifecycle model with practical/hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of HR metrics & analytics.
- Knowledge of HR processes & labour law.
- Good coaching and counselling skills.
- Rational, confident and mature approach to decision making.
- Well-developed critical and analytical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, negotiation and expectations management.
- Effective listening skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong orientation towards customer support and responsiveness.
- Ability to build teams and foster team spirit.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online