Turahfrique Interiors Limited is an Interior Design and Furniture Manufacturing Company that specializes in home, office, ceiling finishes, floor finishes, woodwork, interior design fittings and general constructions in various parts of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Furniture Production Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Overview of Position
- The production manager position is responsible for delivering bespoke furniture fit outs to meet the exacting demands of both home and international customers.
- The production manager has the responsibility of all the production departments and manufacturing Personnel, planning production to meet with customer requirements.
- The position will require a full understanding of solid wood and board material manufacturing techniques.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversee the production process, drawing up production schedule
- Ensure that production is cost effective
- Decide what resources are required
- Draft timescales for the jobs
- Estimate costs and set quality standards
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of machinery
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- Liaise among different departments e.g. suppliers, managers, procurements, furniture, upholstery, spraying departments.
- Work with management to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Review work performance
- Identify training needs
- Lead production meetings to communicate weekly requirements to each of the production departments.
- Work with the Architect in developing prototypes for new product/project.
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused manufacturing team
- Play a key role in the quality control and review processes to continually improve.
- Qualification in a furniture manufacture (B.Sc. Furniture Manufacture and Design or related field)
- At least 3 years work experience.
- Cad/Max-Cut experience preferable buy not essential
- Previous hands on experience in furniture manufacture.
Desirable experience and Skills:
- Three to Five years’ experience in a production management position.
- Proven track record in the furniture/joinery sector
- Deep understanding of modern timber manufacturing techniques
- Planning and organization skills with strong communication skills to lead the overall manufacturing process.
- Ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment related problems
- Capacity to grasp concepts easily
- ICT Literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.