Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fraud Analyst
- This position supports the Legal, Risk and Compliance Function, which develops and provides oversight of AML/CFT, Sanctions, Risk management, licensing and strategic compliance matters for Chipper Cash.
- Are you someone who is steeped in compliance, able to operate both as a sophisticated support for regulatory efforts but also a strategic thinker and able to operate in a fast moving, fast growing start-up with a strong culture of compliance?
- As part of the Legal, Risk and Compliance team, you will play a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating and blocking constantly evolving forms of fraud risk for Chipper and enabling Chipper’s growth.
- You will have a wide remit to support the UK/EU Head of LRC in reviewing and developing the business’ implementation and execution of Risk Management Frameworks, Policies and Standards.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conducting and preparing investigations and reviews for sign off with required resolution
- Place appropriate hold on accounts deemed with fraudulent activity. Track and document action taken in a timely and correct manner to provide a record of activity and meet audit and compliance requirements
- Ensuring risk policy requirements are met, risks are being appropriately managed, accurately reported and escalated to both Senior Fraud Analysts and Fraud Manager as appropriate
- Provide detailed due diligence reports and recommendations for each case and assist Senior Fraud Analysts with SAR preparation when suspicion has been reached
- Consulting with the organisations business units on fraud prevention, trends and detection/response issues/questions
- Assist the Senior Fraud Analysts with the end-to-end fraud risk strategy for new & existing products
- Develop relationships and work with key partners across product, engineering, data science and business teams to effectively manage fraud risk programs.
What You Should Have
- Minimum of three years experience
- Certification(s) from professional bodies relevant to the financial services sector
- Investigation Fraud experience required ( Application fraud, First party fraud, Organised and complex fraud etc)
- Experience in fraud reporting and MI
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment together with experience operating in a second line role or corresponding control function in a Financial Services organisation
- Broad knowledge of a consumer banking environment with a good understanding of Fraud Risks included schemes and identification methods as well as experience of Operational Risk
- Be a self-driven, self-starter. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by our mission and vision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving ability
- It is a plus if you have experience working in Fintech and liaising with regulators and internal audit staff, such as examinations, audit and reviews, document production, and issue responses
- It is a plus if you are proficient in other languages
- Have a global mindset. Even at our small size, we have a team that represents 10+ countries, and our global footprint of customers will continue to grow.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online