Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Developer Ecosystem Communities Lead
About the Job
- As a Developer Ecosystem Communities Lead, you will coordinate and manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups (GDG), Google Developer Student Clubs (GDSC), and Women Techmakers (WTM) programs, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- This would include responsibility for Google events, as well as having responsibility for content.
- You will meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs.
- You will also track both the apps and developers from your region, and look at how Google can better spotlight both them and their apps.
- You will find creative ways to increase impact by working closely with technology hubs.
- Coordinate and manage scalable developer outreach and support programs, including the Google Developer Groups (GDG), Google Developer Student Clubs (GDSC), and Women Techmakers (WTM) programs, across the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Meet with local region developers and companies, promoting Google technologies and programs.
- Track apps and developers from your region, and plan how Google can better spotlight them and their apps.
- Experience in project / program management.
- Experience with team management, working with cross-functional teams, and leading operational initiatives.
- Experience in designing and implementing community driven programs / initiatives.
- Experience of speaking publicly and/or representing your organization successfully to external audiences.
- Experience in a developer-facing role.
- Experience with Google’s developer product offering.
- Ability to speak and write in French fluently.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online