First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Desk Head, Core Banking Support (EOD Operations)
Job Identification: 620
Location: Samuel Asabia House, Lagos
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to Core Banking Support EOD Operations team and Plan team’s work load
- Ensure that daily EOD/BOD process on all critical applications for Nigeria and Subsidiaries are successfully executed daily and collaborate with all applications support Team to ensure successful Month end/Quarter End/ Year End activities are carried out within the assigned period.
- Manage EOD/BOD enhancements to improve system availablity in readiness for bankwide operations.
- Ensure all daily EOD dependent management and regulatory reports are generated accurately and delivered in line with SLA to all internal and external stakeholders for Nigeria and Subsidiaries
- Review daily EOD/BOD and backup reports to ensure compliance with documentations and standards operating procedure and sign off on all Registers
- Monitor the effective closure of all Internal and External Audits Exceptions and generate periodic reports.
- Ensure Closure of Vulnerability exceptions related to Core Banking Operations and provide weekly report.
- Administer the Bank’s off-site Vault and Sign off all Movement registers
- Review vendor agreements in line with bank’s policies.
- Plan and coordinate the effective Business Continuity Exercising and Testing with other application owners
- Planning and implementation of operational processes
- Drafting and reviewing of processes , procedures and documentation of EOD operational activities in line with approved guidelines.
- Cordinate EOD operations team’s acitivities with all other critical banking applications team (Finacle Core Banking, Treasury, Finnone, Mysis & FirstDirect) to ensure continuous operation.
- Cordinate the activities and operations with inter-dependency on IT Infrastructure team ( Database , SysAdmin and Network team)
- Provide L2 support to critical applications in production environment.
- Proactively identify and manage datacenter operational problems and contributes to their resolution.
- Perform routine critical application analysis and evaluation of resource requirements necessary to maintain and improve service levels
- Manage escalations emanating from daily operations of the datacenter in line with the IT Service Operations escalation matrix. Escalate to OEM for L3 support.
- Identify and ensure training needs of Datacentre operations team aimed at improving skills and competences required for Operational activities are met.
- Implement new IT projects as assigned by IT management
- Minimum of a First Degree
- Master’s Degree or a recognized professional certification or IT related discipline will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in Banking applications /Systems Administration and Support
- 2+ years of management experience
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022; 12:42
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online