Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Core Banking Applications Manager – SmartCash PSB
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- The role of the job holder is to design, acquire, deploy, manage reliable and secure high performing core banking applications
- The job holder will provide efficient application support framework and models that will continuously support the business functions in the bank and guarantee optimal services to internal and external customers.
- Size the need for core banking based on infrastructure and business solutions inputs, capacity planning and testing as well as current performance levels.
- Develop and maintain Core Banking application blueprint in collaboration with the governance, planning and EA Unit.
- Provide recommendations on application development and acquisition decisions
- Support core banking operations in a high-throughput production environment by proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of the platform.
- Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum availability and support of information technology systems ensuring that business needs are accurately achieved.
- Ensure the availability, integrity, and security of the bank’s application portfolio and customer information.
- Monitor service levels of solutions and platform; initiate activities to improve under-performing areas within the agreed SLA structure.
- Deploy internally developed application and Core Banking patches/releases to branches within the defined SLAs.
- Monitor service levels of Core Banking platform; initiate activities to improve under-performing areas within the agreed SLA structure.
- Lead and develop team leaders and members to ensure a highly productive and positive work environment.
- Mentor and coach to ensure skill growth, and challenging, appropriate career paths for each member of the team.
- Ensure secure operations of channels and application portfolio.
- Carry out any other oversight functions/special projects that may be assigned by the Head of IT.
Qualification, Competencies & Experience
- First Degree in relevant field Computer Science / Information Technology, Advanced Degree and relevant / MBA and industry certifications will be an added advantage.
- 10 – 15 years professional ICT experience with a minimum of 10 years in a senior IT management role gained in a mature technology environment.
- Knowledge of environments: Unix/Linux, Windows Server/XP/Vista, and Open systems.
- Core Banking system technical and functional knowledge.
- Enterprise application data and infrastructure architecture.
- Relational Database modelling and management.
- Project management of small to large full lifecycle projects.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.