Talentpool Nigeria is an emerging human capital solutions company providing a wide range of human capital and business support solutions to businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collection Manager
- We are looking for a Collections Manager to monitor staff and oversee the procedures to reduce the amount of unpaid debt the company incurs.
- You will also be responsible for negotiating extensions with customers or write-off debt to minimize the company’s potential loss of income.
- To be a successful collections manager, you should be analytical and have great report writing skills.
- Ultimately, a top-notch Collections Manager should have extensive knowledge of collection laws, and continuously find ways to improve the company’s debt recovery.
- Overseeing staff members and ensuring the accurate and timely invoicing of customers.
- Setting payment collection goals and targets for the department.
- Creating and implementing a strategy to improve the collection of outstanding credit.
- Implementing collection policies and procedures to avoid excessive outstanding credit.
- Ensuring that the company policy on recoveries is followed and that it is in line with state and federal regulations.
- Implementing deadlines for invoicing and payment collection.
- Negotiating with customers in cases when non-payment occurs.
- Preparing monthly feedback reports on payment collections.
- Remaining informed of any legislative procedural training regarding debt collection.
- Training and mentoring of staff members in the collections department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a collections manager.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- The ability to work accurately and independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong time and people management skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Share this job